Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vacation - Day One

So we didn't get to leave Friday night.... It ended up being just fine, we went out to eat Friday night at a local restaurant, Hunters Head. It was awesome, I love the cheese fondue!

We left bright and early Saturday morning, 6:00 AM and got to Corolla, NC at noon. Stopped at our favorite pizza shop for lunch before heading to our house. I think the boys were too excited, no one wanted to eat pizza. Came over to the house and changed into our suits and hit the beach. We noticed red flags flying, no swimming, but everything looked just fine to us. Some big storm heading up the coast was causing rip tides and the life guards so nicely explained to a group of us why they are so dangerous. We stayed on the beach playing in the sand and ankle deep water (which feels like bath water!) until about 4:30. I tried really hard to stay out of the sun, I'm taking medication for Lyme's and it doesn't work well with the sun. I found out that night that my fingers and toes missed the sunscreen and were FRIED. OUCHY! We headed back to the house and I was elected to make the grocery run. Let me tell you, that is not so fun with 500 other people getting what they need for a week. Made it out in one piece and Lukas requested nachos for supper so that's what I made! A dip in the hot tub and everyone was in bed by 9! Of course one member didn't feel so great and was up most of the night. YAWN.

More later....

3 comments:

Ronald and Stephanie Clites said...

Linda-
Reading about your fingers and toes getting fried reminded me of your lips getting sunburned last year. I hope you have some SPF lip balm. Hope you all are having fun!!
Love, Some of the other Clites'

Ronald and Stephanie Clites said...

Linda-
Reading about your fingers and toes getting fried reminded me of your lips getting sunburned last year. I hope you have some SPF lip balm. Hope you all are having fun!!
Love, Some of the other Clites'

Clites said...

Haa Haa, how could I forget those sunburned lips? I think that sunburned knuckles, toes, and fingers are much worse. I can't even get in the hot tub it hurts so much. Can't wait for you all to get here Stephanie! Is your bathing suit in the van yet?